Cherry blossoms by sakura0417
This is a new forum sig
It’s simply just a pic of a tree, but it’s a pic i always wanted to do on my normal art. But it never came out right, and always looked terrible.
YES, YES, YES A MILLION TIMES YES
This was my favorite book in elementary school.
Kanto Illustrations #095 - 111 - Created by Piper Thibodeau
Here is part 5 of Piper’s ongoing reimagination of the entire Pokedex! As always, Piper’s skill and creativity continue to amaze us, and this installment has some really great ones (seriously, just look at that Cubone). Make sure you follow Piper on Tumblr and Twitter for all her latest work.
You should also check out…
If anyone was wondering how character redesigns should work- look no further
I am convinced that this snake is happily humming as he scampers across this lawn.
“hm hm hm hm hmmm, what a beautiful day today! I think I’ll swallow a chimpanzee!”
Team Rocket announces their scheme to take over this particular electronics store.
Top Gear in India
How can you not like top gear?
I watched this the other week and was in literal tears
prepare to be sent to the shadow realm
The Butterfly of the Sea
This is fish is called the Sea Robin, otherwise known as a Gurnard or The Butterfly of the Sea. This interesting fish is a bottom dweller. They have several sets of specialized fins, including some that allow the fish to swim and others that let it perch on the seafloor. It’s not related to flying fish, nor do they glide in air. The Sea Robin’s large pectoral fins are normally held against the body, but are spread out when threatened to put off predators.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
This would be an amazing way to use up old nail polish…